Dear Highland Hornet Fans, Players and Coaches:
The Highland Athletic Boosters has a simple goal -- to promote athletics and provide both financial and moral support to the student athletes of the Highland Local School District.
Over the last few years, HAB has been fortunate enough to have had the resources to provide in excess of $250,000 worth of support to the athletic programs. The Boosters work with HAFA and were integral in helping raise the funds for the new athletic complex. We provide the financial backing for all of the team uniforms, partial scholarships, some of the equipment and training needs and travel reimbursement for all state qualifiers. This support extends to both the high school and middle school sport teams, as well as the cheerleaders.
Each year we anticipate an increase in requests for support and, in order for us to be able to meet all of those requests; we ask that you support our efforts! Here are a few ways:
- Encourage all students and their families to attend Highland athletic events. We are working to increase attendance at ALL sporting events, but we need your assistance!
- Consider joining the Highland Athletic Boosters. Our organization benefits all of the athletic teams, cheerleaders and the dance team. We have set up multiple levels of membership beginning at just $30 with benefits associated with each level. Our Gold level of membership includes family passes for 2 adults and 4 children to all home sporting events. As membership levels increase, so does our ability to support financial requests.
- Volunteer to help work the concession stands at athletic events.
- Consider donating your time & expertise to one of the many Booster committees. We are always looking for volunteers to assist with committees and events. We welcome new ideas and suggestions. The Pig Roast, Spirit Wear and Advertising Committees are actively seeking help! Please contact Booster President Jeff Rogers to learn more!
- Attend our monthly meetings. The meetings are held the FIRST Monday of each month at the Highland Public Library.
All of our efforts are focused on supporting the student athletes, administration and coaches of the Highland District. We encourage anyone who is interested to attend the meetings and we are always looking for volunteers to assist with the various Booster Club projects. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at any time. GO HORNETS!
Team Membership Incentive Program
The HAB Team Membership Incentive Program rewards all team sports, including the cheerleaders, for the percentage of booster memberships their families participate in with their membership in the booster club. Sports must reach the 25% level in order to qualify for this program. The incentive program also allows an additional $400 to be awarded to the sport with the highest booster membership.
2018-19 Monthly Meetings
Meetings will be held at 7 p.m. in the Highland Highland School Media Center (Computer Lab).
2018-19 HAB Officers
- Chris Schaefer, President, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jeff Miller, 2nd Vice President/Concessions, email@example.com
- Curtis Mall, Treasurer, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chris Heini, Secretary, email@example.com
- Barb Heini, Membership Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mark Phelps, Banners/Promotion/Communications, email@example.com
- Mark Phelps, Sports Program, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ackmera Custom Apparel, Alison Kuzma, Spiritwear Coordinator,
- Jeff Rogers, Pig Roast Coordinator, JRogers@midwestprecision.com