Dear Highland Community -
Do you know someone who is bursting with Highland Pride? Do you know of an employee or community member who spends their spare time volunteering in the Highland School District? Do you know someone who does a lot for Highland students, but never asks for anything in return? Nominate that individual for the 2023 Highland Pride Award!
This award allows the Highland Board of Education to recognize individuals whose work for the schools exemplifies an extraordinary spirit of pride. The Highland Pride Award will be given to no more than two deserving nominees (one community member and one Highland employee) at the May 22 Board of Education meeting held at Highland High School. A reception will follow for family and friends.
The Pride Committee is now accepting nominations of deserving individuals to receive this year’s award. Please note that awards are not required annually. If the voting committee deems that none of the candidates are qualified, then no awards will be given. If only one candidate is qualified to receive the award, then only one will be presented. Letters of nomination must include the following information:
- Name of nominee (nominee must be at least 18 years of age)
- Nominee’s home address, phone number and email
- Reason(s) for the nomination, including specific examples, dates, years of service and
other information that would prove the nominee worthy of consideration for the award.
- Nominations should stress the involvement in the Highland Schools community as the highest criteria for the award. Nominees must have committed extensive time and efforts to the schools and/or the Highland community.
- When nominating a staff member, include information beyond the individual’s daily job responsibility. For example: How has the staff member worked to draw our community into our schools to help foster a sense of pride?
- Nominations that do not include the above-listed information will not be considered.
- Nominations submitted by students will not be considered.
Submit letters of nomination to Laurie Boedicker, Director of Curriculum & Instruction, Highland Local Schools, 3880 Ridge Road, Medina, OH 44256, or email nominations to: firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions, please call 330-239-1901, ext. 1218.
Nominations are due by Friday, April 14, 2023.
For the latest information and updates from Highland Local School District, please visit www.highlandschools.org You can also follow us on Facebook at Highland Local Schools, Instagram at HighlandSchoolsOH, and Twitter at @Highland Schools.