Dear Highland Parents/Guardians,
We are excited to welcome our students and staff back to school next week! Please note the following important back-to-school information.
- Monday, January 18: No School (MLK Day)
- Tuesday, January 19: Students Return to Hybrid Learning (White Group L-Z)
- Wednesday, January 20: Students Return to Hybrid Learning (Green Group A-K)
- Thursday, January 21: Hybrid Learning (White Group L-Z)
- Friday, January 22: Hybrid Learning (Green Group A-K)
- Monday, January 25: All Students Return to In-Person Learning
Critical to our ability to remain open for in-person learning is the following:
- If your child or anyone in your household has a confirmed positive COVID-19 test result, please do not send your child to school.
- If your child or anyone in your household is awaiting COVID-19 test results, please do not send your child to school.
- If your child is experiencing any COVID-like symptoms, please do not send your child to school. (Please always err on the side of caution).
- Please remind your student(s) about the importance of following safety protocols, physical distancing, wearing masks and frequent hand washing or hand-sanitizing.
New Guidance on Quarantining
On January 7, the Ohio Department of Health (ODH) issued new guidance to school districts regarding student and staff quarantine protocols. The change in guidance was supported by recent studies and pilot evaluations from Ohio schools where data indicated, “… the risk of COVID-19 transmission in school was limited, with strict adherence to prevention measures in a monitored environment.”